Sprinkles

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Thursday.... Back to Normal

My husband got back from his business conference shortly after noon-time, and within the hour, we were sitting at "our" table at Babbo Bruno's for lunch. The waiter (not our usual waitress) jokingly told us that the owners should put up a sign in that corner with our names on it. The owner/chef came out of the kitchen to welcome my husband back, and seemed very touched that we drove there straight from the airport.

During lunch, my husband told me all about the conference and I told him all about my cousin's visit. He was surprised that we didn't get much sight-seeing done while she was here. I told him her favorite "sight" was the inside of SteinMart and she just couldn't seem to get enough of that store.

When we got home, I came in the front door by myself while my husband waited in the driveway. I let Gracie out the front door, which I usually do, so she can "use the grass" for a moment. Out she came... slow as a turtle... her usual routine with me when my husband isn't home. After a minute or so, while Gracie was still out in front of the house on the lawn, my husband came out from his hiding place behind the car and Gracie saw him. Well, Miss Slowpoke suddenly turned into Seabiscuit and raced across the lawn.... nearly knocked my husband over as she practically tried to hug his neck with her paws. She was just so happy to see him. Without a doubt, he is her favorite person on this planet.

We watched the last show of this season's Apprentice tonight.... I was glad that Trump chose Kendra as the one to be hired. For the longest time now, I was hoping that Tana would win. But between her cutting remarks about her co-workers last week, and her pumped-up attitude on the show tonight, she just wasn't as polished and as poised as Kendra. So that ends another season. Now that The Apprentice and The Amazing Race are over, I won't be watching night-time television for a while. At least not until those two shows begin their new seasons.

So.... my husband is back home from his business trip.... my cousin is back home from her shopping trip. The master bedroom is back to its normal state and no longer looking like a cyclone hit it. The cats are allowed back into the house instead of being kept on the screen-porch, and none of them seems to be holding a grudge.

Speaking of cats.... I had a phone call yesterday afternoon from the lady who used to own our house. She knows I'm a cat-lover and she wanted to know if I'd like to adopt a stray kitten. Her husband found two identical-twin cats where he works and he brought them home to her. She has been bottle-feeding them and she decided to keep one and find a home for the other. I told her that we already had three cats, plus a dog, and I couldn't possibly add another kitten to our little zoo.

I did, however, ask her what the kitten looked like. Her answer: "Blue eyes, light gray long hair, with darker gray on the ears, face, legs and tail." I told her that she had just described my AngelBoy, who we adopted from the SPCA. I said that as much as I would like to help her out, I just couldn't, under any circumstances, bring another kitten into this house. AngelBoy had hissy-fits when I brought ShadowBaby home as a kitten. And there are times even now when I believe that AngelBoy hasn't quite forgiven me for that.

Just what I need.... another blue-eyed Birman who thinks he's King Cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home