Sprinkles

Monday, May 16, 2005

Late Sunday Night.....

Nearly midnight again..... I've got to stop drinking hot tea after 7:00 in the evening....... I've just finished vacuuming the house and I'm on a roll with the typing here.

My cousin R and I had a busy day. We left here around 11:30 and went to the Greek restaurant in Kemah for a late breakfast/early lunch. After that, we went to the antique shop in League City so I could introduce R to my friend J.

I knew that J and R would be a good match...... they both love to dance, they both love to go out and have a good dinner, they both love to take cruises. We had been in the antique shop for about an hour........ I invited J to come out for dinner with us either tomorrow night or the next...... and he said "How about tonight?"........... So tonight it was, and we met at Carrabba's restaurant after J closed up the antique shop. We also brought along the lady who helps J in the shop........ his friend L who mothers J in a good way and comes with him to all of our parties.

By the time dinner was over, my friend J was smitten. They were talking, laughing, joking.... and then myself and L... we were looking at one another and smiling and giggling because we knew that love was in the air. L turned to me and whispered in my ear: "You've done good, girl.... J needs someone like R in his life." I told L that my cousin also needed someone like J in her life.

As we were all leaving the restaurant, J was telling R that she should've planned to stay here for more than just a few days...... he told her that she should plan another visit real soon and bring her dancing shoes so the two of them could go out dancing....... and he asked her to join him and a group of friends who are taking a cruise to Mexico this coming November.

And there was myself and L.... looking up into the sky.... and I told L that sometimes good things just fall out of the sky when you least expect it. Of course, L and I are hoping that my cousin will join the cruise group in November.

But let's not get carried away here..... one day at a time...... and tomorrow is another day. Right now, I'm just tired....... I guess the effects of the tea are wearing off. My cousin and I also drove to the shoe store and looked around (and bought shoes, of course) and we also stopped in a Fashion Bug clothing store for a look-see (didn't buy anything there).

My poor cats must think I've lost my mind....... they keep looking into the windows from the screen-porch..... they want to come into the house...... I keep explaining to them that R is allergic to cats....... they meow and give me such sad-kitty faces. Breaks my heart........ but there's nothing I can do but go out on the porch and sit with them as much as I can while I'm home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home