Sprinkles

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Busy Saturday.........

I'm just about ready to leave for the airport...... my cousin R is flying in from NY...... can't wait to see her. I've been getting everything ready for her here...... the cats are on the screen-porch, and hopefully, the vacuum got every speck of cat hair out of this house so my cousin doesn't start to sneeze ten minutes after she walks into the front door.

I called her mother in NY, just to make sure everything went well there and she got to the airport in plenty of time..... which she did. My aunt told me to find her a "Texas husband." Well, I will try and do just that....... although, I tried to do the same for my dear friend Frankie and it never seemed to work out.

But I'm always hopeful..... the glass is always half-full, not half-empty, in my opinion.

I called my dad yesterday, to say hello and to tell him that R was flying in today. He must have been having a real senior-moment. He told me: "R is coming down there? Good! She's a nice girl--- you'll like her."

I resisted the urge to remind my dad that R and I were born just 4 months apart and we grew up together, so of course we know one another quite well.

The next five days should be the real test: we've never lived in the same house together. Thank goodness there are two bathrooms in this house. We're both "city girls" (she more than I, in my opinion), so one bathroom mirror for make-up and hair just wouldn't cut it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home