Sprinkles

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Cousin Party is Over

My cousin R went back to NY this afternoon. We didn't go anywhere this morning..... just got up and talked a bit before we both got ready to leave. Getting her suitcases into the car was a major struggle. Especially the largest one, which weighed 70 pounds--- we found that out at the airport when they put it on the scale and charged her for the excess weight. Plus she had the two smaller carry-on bags.......... all filled with SteinMart clothing.

After she checked in the larger bag at the ticket counter, we walked around the concourse a little bit and found a gift shop that sold Texas-made chocolates. She bought some of those for her mom and our Aunt Dolly. We never did get to the gift shops around town here... we never got to see a lot of the usual spots for visiting Yankees.... but I'm sure she'll come back again. And we'll do all of the tourist-y things before SteinMart.

We both had tears in our eyes as we said good-bye. We were doing just fine until my eyes puddled up first, then she started. We had such a good time, even though she just wore me out with the shopping. We had dinner at Babbo Bruno's every night she was here. Tonight, I was so tired from getting the house back in order that I just made myself a bowl of oatmeal.

First thing I did when I got home from the airport was change the sheets and make the bed. I make that bed every morning, without fail. While my cousin was using that bedroom, the bed never saw the coverlet or the throw pillows.

I also let the cats come into the house when I got back from the airport. AngelBoy went straight to the recliner in the TV room and curled up for a nap, and ShadowBaby jumped up on our bed and sat there looking around the bedroom. They were both very happy to be back inside the house. And AngelBoy doesn't seem to be in a bad mood about his banishment to the screen-porch, but I'm watching him carefully anyway.

So.... that's about it. I'm back to my normal routine here...... cousin-time is over, shopping is over. I hope not to see the inside of SteinMart for a good long while. And tomorrow, I'll be at the airport again, to pick up my husband when he comes back from his conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home