Sprinkles

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Saturday, After Midnight....

... After midnight, so I guess this is really Sunday. Whatever.......

My cousin R got here just fine..... her plane landed early, but I was there anyway. So nice to see her right here in Texas for a change, rather than me seeing her up in NY. The two of us have "done" NY... now it's time to do TX.

I laughed out loud when I saw the size of R's suitcase..... I told her that her huge suitcase could hold enough clothes for the rest of the summer. Plus, she had a carry-on bag, and a huge pocketbook that was as heavy as her carry-on. She hasn't yet learned how to "pack light," and I'm sure she has enough clothes in that suitcase to carry her through any kind of changes in the weather.

Being that we'll be spending much of the next few days shopping, R will be adding even more clothes to that suitcase. As it was, it took the two of us to lift it up into the trunk of the car. And thank goodness I drove my husband's car to the airport....... her suitcase wouldn't have fit into the trunk of my Thunderbird. (I'll bet that massive suitcase weighs just about as much as the T-Bird!) By the time she's ready to leave here, I'll have to hire a crane to get that suitcase back into the trunk of the car.

My cousin had a good first meeting with Gracie....... the two of them hit it off right away. Maybe Gracie knows that my cousin is a dog-lover. As for the cats--- they're all out on the screen porch, so my cousin's allergies don't act up. We were looking at the cats through the windows of the breakfast room, and I was telling R their names and a little bit about them. AngelBoy came right up to the window for a closer look at R, and she started to make faces at AngelBoy as he stared at her. As soon as R made a face at AngelBoy, my little blue-eyed cat scrunched up his nose and his whiskers and made a cat-face right back at her.

While my cousin laughed herself silly in the breakfast room, I went out on the porch and told AngelBoy to have mercy on my poor cat-allergic cousin. Having mercy is not AngelBoy's style, however. I will have to watch that cat very carefully after my cousin leaves so he doesn't find himself a little corner of the house to show me what he really thinks of my cousin and her allergies.

My cousin and I talked all the way back from the airport,we talked all the way through the little snack we had when we got back to the house, and we talked all the way through the tour of the house and what we could see of the backyard in the dark.

We are all talked out for the first night. Tomorrow is another day. Oops... I forgot. It already is tomorrow. Whatever......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home