Sprinkles

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Saturday... Sunny and hot..... 104 degrees

If you don't like the heat, then stay out of Texas. I happen to like the heat... you just walk slower and keep calm...... and unless you're having a hot flash, you'll be just fine.

My husband and I went out to lunch today, then stopped in at the new computer store called Fry's. Amazing store..... filled with men of all ages, just browsing along the aisles and testing out all the store has to offer--- computers, televisions, radios, CD players, appliances.... all sizes, all brands, all price-ranges. A man could walk into that store when they opened their doors in the morning and not have to leave till they locked up at night. There's even a cafe in the middle of the store so you won't starve. And if you don't want to spend money on the food inside the store, then just walk outside the store and you can buy a hot dog and a Coke-- both for 25 cents, courtesy of Fry's.

This was our first time in the store, so we looked up and down most of the aisles. I found a blow-dryer that's smaller than the one I have (easier to pack), and we bought a telephone/answering machine to replace the one here that gives off a lot of static from time to time. My husband found a back massager that can be fitted to any chair in the house. Interesting seat/back cushion made of leather... you plug it in, and press some buttons, and you get a very good massage. His back bothers him a lot because he sits at the computer so much, and I'm not good at giving a massage because the amount of pressure you have to use for a really good massage hurts my hands. So the device that he found is just perfect.

We stopped at PetCo on the way home to see our young friend C..... she volunteers there on Saturdays, for Second Chance Pets. Of course, we had to look at all the puppies and dogs, kittens and cats. So many cute ones.... is there any puppy or kitten that isn't cute? And even the mature dogs and cats... they all look at you with such sad and hopeful faces. Truly breaks my heart that I can't take any of them home.

Our inn is definitely full. Honestly....... AngelBoy would have a hissy-fit if I brought another kitten into his house. I don't think ShadowBaby would be thrilled, either, but AngelBoy would certainly take it personally, being that he's the most sensitive of our three cats.

I swear, I wish there was a law stating that if people didn't spay or neuter their house-pets, they would have to donate $5000.00 to their local animal shelter. All those kittens and puppies today.... just very sad to see. Second Chance Pets doesn't kill homeless animals, but still, they have to find volunteers to take care of all those unwanted animals. And for as many puppies and kittens that are at Second Chance Pets who don't get "put to sleep," there are thousands and thousands in the municipal animal shelters that do get put down.

Life for kittens and puppies just isn't fair at times. But it could be, if people were more responsible. Don't get me started....

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger ghartstein said...

I think we have a law similar to that in Los Angeles. If you don't spay or neuter, they charge a lot more ( a few hundered I think...I'm really not sure). I remember it on the ballot a few years ago and I believe it passed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home