Sprinkles

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Thunderbird Saturday.....

There is now a silver/blue 2005 Thunderbird in my garage........ and I can honestly say I've never been this excited about a car in my entire life. Gorgeous, gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Silver/blue outside, black inside. So perfectly beautiful that when I took the Mardi Gras beads out of my old car, I didn't even want to hang them up from the rear-view mirror in the Thunderbird. Not a drop of Mardi Gras beads in my new car.... will they let me drive over the bridge and into Galveston?

Not only was the Thunderbird a 10th Anniversary gift from my husband, but because this is a 2005 model, there is an emblem on each side of the car which says: "50th Anniversary 1955-2005." Just one more thing to make this car special. I swear, I didn't know whether to smile or cry when I was handed the keys. I think I did some of both. And being that my husband surprised me with all of this, that makes this car a "keeper" for as long as it runs and as long as I'm able to drive it. I can't even imagine parting with this car. What a great Thunderbird.... truly, truly just a beautiful car. Especially those cute little round windows on the sides.... Thunderbird at its classic best!

Before driving home with the Thunderbird, we stopped at A & D's house..... it was a new car weekend for them as well, being that their transmission on their car gave up the ghost the other day. Instead of getting another van, they now have a really pretty cream-colored four-door Hyundai with elegant wood trim in the interior. Lots of room in their car, as compared to the two-seater Thunderbird. When I look at the trunk space in A's car and compare it to the trunk space in my car, there's a world of difference. But I'll get used to that... small sacrifice to make for a classic Thunderbird.

As I said yesterday.... pardon me while I jump for joy and giggle with glee......!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home