Sprinkles

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Thursday Tid-Bits...

Glorious weather we've been having....... every time I get in my car, I blast one of the Manilow CDs and leave one of the back windows open just an inch or so and let the music soar up into the blue sky.

I took Gracie on an extra-long walk this evening. It was just so pretty outside that after walking around the park with her, I just kept on walking. Between the jasmine and the hibiscus blooms, the air is popping with delicious aromas.

Piano.... I've been trying to play a short piece by Johann Sebastian Bach.... trying now for the past couple of weeks. What on earth was Bach thinking? The left hand must do something totally different than the right hand. K (piano teacher) says I've played other songs that call for the same method. Maybe so, but it wasn't Bach. So I keep at it.... and at it.... one of these days, it will just click and I'll get it. Until then, I keep asking why there must be 88 keys on a piano.

I once asked Frankie that question. Her answer: "Well, darling, 77 was superfluous, 99 seemed like over-kill, but somehow 88 was just right."

When I stopped laughing, Frankie quietly, seriously added: "You have 88 keys. Don't fight it. Deal with it." Frankie at her life-lesson best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home