Sprinkles

Monday, March 07, 2005

Tuesday.... Rainstorms

Will our sun and warm weather never get here? We had such heavy rains and winds today that the rain was actually blown sideways into the screen-porch. Five minutes after the rain quit, the sun did come out, but it was just a tease. Didn't last long, and didn't much matter anyway because everything was so thoroughly soaked. Totally stupid weather.

I made anise cookies tonight. I have a recipe for Greek cookies from my friend F up in NY, and I just used her recipe and added anise for the flavoring. I'm not crazy about anise, but my husband likes that flavoring. One of our neighbors gave us some homemade anise cookies last month and my husband thought they were delicious. I took one bite of B's cookies and left the rest for my husband. (Not my favorite cookies, so I didn't want to 'waste' calories on them.)

The cookies I made tonight could've used a little more anise, but I still think they came out pretty good. My husband said they weren't as sweet as B's recipe. Well...... they're not supposed to be a sweet cookie, they're supposed to be an anise cookie.

Let's see..... what else....... Piano lessons. I'm still having trouble with new notes that I'm learning. 88 keys on that keyboard and a note for each. I keep practicing..... I keep looking at the sheet music...... looking at the notes........ studying the notes........ trying to read intervals quickly...... Sometimes I think all my studying is going into one part of my brain and just hiding there and refusing to come out when I need it. Sure was much easier to learn piano when I was younger.

Books........ I've been going through my cabinet of books that I wanted to read. So far this week, I've added three books to my give-away pile. Just couldn't get into them. I refuse to read a book if I don't like the story or don't like the writing style. There are just too many books out there to read.... can't be wasting time on books that I don't like.

And that's about it. Nothing much going on today..... too much rain.... too many clouds.... not enough sun. Nice and warm outside, but no sun. Can't have everything, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home