Sprinkles

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Thursday.... So Much Going On......

Cloudy day today, a little bit of sun, but not enough.

We're still trying to get copies of that Seabrook newspaper so we can read the articles about Frankie. I called the Greek restaurant today and the papers hadn't been delivered. The owner of the restaurant will save 6 copies for me when they come in. He told me to call him back tomorrow. If the papers haven't been delivered by then, I'll just try to call the newspaper direct and ask where I can pick up the copies. A already tried calling one of the papers and got an answering machine. These little town papers are just that--- little town papers, probably being run from someone's house.

Frankie had a friend in Germany who kept in touch with her via eMail. When she went into the hospital, she asked me to eMail this man and tell him of her condition, which I did. When Frankie passed away, I also eMailed him to tell him that sad news. The other day, he eMailed me to say how sorry he was...... and he also attached a photo of Frankie when she was younger.

I don't know what year the picture was taken, and I'm just guessing that Frankie was about 45 or 50 in that photo. And beautiful...... just lovely. She's wearing a white dress and holding a single red rose by her shoulder. Long dark hair......... all the years I'd known Frankie, she had gray hair. But her eyes in this younger photo are full of fire, just as they were when I knew her, and her smile is still the same.

My husband printed out the photograph on his computer and made copies for me and for A, and one for Frankie's daughter. I've already given the picture to A and we sat outside in her courtyard and oohed and aahed over that young and pretty Frankie. I'll mail a copy to Frankie's daughter tomorrow. My copy is still on my desk here...... I'll put it in a nice frame. A suggested I hang Frankie's picture up on my living room wall with the portraits of the Victorian ladies that I collect. With that white dress and the red rose, Frankie will fit right in with all those lovely ladies.

On the NY front......... I spoke to my Aunt Dolly and my cousin R and my dad today......... Daddy doesn't want to go to the funeral for my Aunt Edie. He said he doesn't want to see her dead, he'd rather remember her alive. My Aunt Dolly wasn't too happy about that decision, but she can no longer drive, and neither can my dad, so she can't really press the issue. My cousin R, who is my age, will be the one driving everyone to and fro. R calls herself "The Pony Express" because she's always bringing someone somewhere.

I called my father.... to tell him that I understand why he doesn't want to go. He said it's not just because of Aunt Edie. He said he doesn't want to go anywhere now during the month of March. He said "Too many people in this family have already died in March. I'm not going to push my luck."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home