Sprinkles

Monday, February 28, 2005

Sunny Monday

Gorgeous day today....... and yesterday was as well...... the azaelas are in full bloom again, after losing their December blooms because of the frost we had. All the trees that lost their leaves after the holidays are now budding again. Summer is about twelve minutes away, and it can't come quick enough.

I stopped at the dry-cleaners this afternoon and Lucy (the gray parrot) is on friendly terms with me again. She had stopped talking to me after I went into the shop with my husband a couple of weeks ago. I've read that parrots can get very jealous, and being that Lucy and I are having a bird-to-woman relationship, I guess she didn't like my unfaithfulness. But today she hopped closer to the cage door so I could pet her neck feathers, so I guess she's giving me another chance. If my husband and I go back into the dry-cleaning shop together again, I'll have to make believe that I don't know him.

Frankie's daughter arrived last night from Ohio. She was in the midst of going through her mother's tiny house when her brother arrived and starting making a fuss. He's "in charge." Doesn't want her to touch a thing. All she did was donate her mother's clothing to a women's shelter and her books to the local library. It isn't as if she's going back to Ohio with a fortune that was hidden under the bed. Frankie had so very little to begin with..... she lived from week to week. Where was her son when the holidays came around? Because of all of the fuss with her brother, Frankie's daughter is turning right around and driving back up north.

I've been getting more phone calls from Frankie's friends...... they're planting trees and having dinners........ "Thank you, but no thank you," said I. I am just not getting into the middle of everything that's being done. I didn't know these people when Frankie was alive and I'm not going to cultivate friendships with them now that she's gone. For whatever reason Frankie had, she kept her life with her Clear Lake friends totally separate from her life with her Seabrook friends. And if that's what Frankie wanted when she was alive, then that's what I'm doing now that she's gone.

But she's not gone, as I told her daughter. She's all around us, wherever we go and whatever we see. Rock on, Miss Frankie.

Or should I say "Morning Glory on, Miss Frankie."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home