Sprinkles

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Sleepy Saturday

Today has been a cloudy, drippy, rainy, dreary day. I spent most of the afternoon curled up in a chair with a book in my hands and ShadowBaby on my lap. I didn't get much reading done, but ShadowBaby and I had a great nap.

I think this whole week just caught up with me..... all the emotional ups and downs since Frankie passed away. All those phone calls, with people wanting to do things that Frankie never would've approved of. I had told my husband that I wouldn't be answering the phone and I asked him to tell "those" people that I just wasn't here.

Well, I decided that doing that would be making myself such a wuss. Frankie wouldn't approve. She never took the easy way out and didn't respect people who did. So I told my husband that I'd just answer the phone as I usualy do, and take any calls when he picks up the phone. I will tell people that I just can't take part in all these elaborate plans they're making on Frankie's behalf. Thank you very much for asking, y'all, but no thank you.

As far as I know, Frankie's body is still resting at the morgue. Last I heard, her son intends to have an autopsy done so he can try to sue the hospital for wrongful death. Frankie had visions of a quick cremation. Her son has visions of a quick million.

Very sad, as I've said before.

For my part........ I can't wait till the sun comes out so I can plant these Morning Glory seeds so Frankie's favorite flowers can start their march across my garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home