Sprinkles

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Saturday Afternoon

Finally.... finally.... I found the local newspaper/magazine that printed the memorial page for Frankie. After the third day of trying locals stores and shops, I just decided to drive into Seabrook and go straight to the office that distributes these papers.

I remembered they said they were located near the post office in Seabrook, and I knew where that was, so I just drove down the little street and looked for some signs. Seabrook is so small, and the streets are fairly short, so it wasn't too hard to find.

They did an entire page on Frankie, with an article written by one of her friends that I had met at the hospital. They even mentioned the Reading Partners program that Frankie started up with the local school system. (That's how I met our little friend C... way back when she was in the 2nd grade. Now she's going on 14 and we're still best of friends.)

I'll send one of these papers up to Ohio to Frankie's daughter. I'm sure she'll be wanting to read this. When she went through her mother's little house for the last time, she found all of Frankie's writings and articles and she was thrilled to have them.

They titled the article "A Final Hug from Miss Frankie."

Very appropriate. Frankie gave everyone a hug. "Whether they liked it or not," as the article says.

The article's author called Frankie a 'free spirit.'

Yes she was. And she's more free now than ever before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home