Sprinkles

Monday, February 21, 2005

More Trees for the Decoration Forest

The little white feather tree that I decorated for Valentine's Day came out so pretty that I decided to do two more...... one for St. Patrick's Day, another for Easter. Off I went to Hobby Lobby, to find the decorations and buy more glue sticks for the glue gun. (Wonderful invention, that little glue gun.)

They had just one aisle for St. Patty's Day, but there was more than enough green shamrock garland and bright green plastic shamrocks for one little 14-inch tree. It's already all decorated and sitting in the middle of our dining room table. Both ShadowBaby and AngelBoy have looked it over from top to bottom. Neither were impressed. But that's good.... if they're not impressed, they won't be bothering with it.

Hobby Lobby had about six aisles filled with everything you could imagine for Easter. No bright curly garland that I was looking for, but I decided to use curling ribbon instead and that worked out better. Pastel shades of purple and aqua for the ribbon, plus small eggs lightly dusted with glitter, lots of those tiny fluffy yellow chicks that pop up every Easter, and I even found some tiny bunnies. They're all sitting on the tree and looking adorable.... but I've got that little tree up in the closet for now.

With all of the holiday decorations on them, the white trees no longer look like little Christmas trees, which is actually what they are. A friend of mine sells Avon, and these little trees were in the sale booklets for just $5 each...... too cute not to buy and use for something.

And.... back to the real world on this nice & warm Monday...... no word about our friend F, so I'm guessing that she's still the same. If she had gotten better or worse, we would've heard from either her son or her daughter. In this case, no news isn't really good news.

I decided not to go back to the hospital while F is still unconscious and hooked up to all of those machines. They only let two people into the ICU room, and if I go up there, then her son or her daughter-in-law has to leave. They're family, I'm not. I can't see taking visiting time away from them.

Visiting time. If you can call it that. All anyone can do is stand by the side of F's bed and look into her lifeless, unseeing eyes. I wonder if anyone has tried to close her eyes.

And if no one else tries, I wonder if F will try on her own.

I keep thinking of what Johnny Carson said when he decided to retire from The Tonight Show after thirty years: "You have to know when it's time to just get off the stage."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home