Sprinkles

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sunday... Post-Party

Another great party.... we laughed so hard and so long last night. And, for the first time ever, the men's team won. Instead of using the deck of cards from the Charades game, my husband and I made up cards for each team. I found titles of love songs (using Google) and wrote them on the backs of red & pink hearts. Most of the song titles had the word "love" in it, so the guys kept beating their chest over their hearts to signify love. It got to be comical after a while.

My husband used the Internet to find titles of movies, songs and quotes, all pertaining to love and romance. He printed them out on address labels and stuck them on the backs of red & white hearts. Some songs we had never heard of, and the quotes were hard to get. The women kept asking him "Where did you dig that up?"

We had heart-shaped balloons floating all over the living room and dining room. I had bought ten of those balloons and my husband took them to get filled yesterday and came back with twenty instead of ten, so I had some tied up outside, and tied to each of the gift-bags for the ladies. Plus, every statue in the house was holding a balloon--- even Venus de Milo (I tied her balloon around her waist).

The food last night was outstanding.... the Italian meatballs, the Greek green beans that my husband got at the Greek Deli, a Mexican taco-casserole, Swedish meatballs, French bread, a sweet potato casserole, a chicken casserole, tossed green salad, artichoke & chicken salad, lemon squares, a chocolate cake, chocolate chip/coconut/cranberry cookie-bars, and I'm sure I've forgotten something or other....

The guessing game with the little candy hearts was a hit..... and I'm glad I had a few extra prizes for that so I could match up the prize with the person. I'll keep the extras for next year's Valentine's party, and maybe think up another guessing game-- maybe Hershey kisses instead of the candy hearts. Or red M&Ms--- that would work out better than the kisses.

So this morning, of course, my husband and I are thinking of the next party. And do we play Charades again? Or what about Pictionary? That could be fun.... We even thought of a twist on Bingo using Scrabble letters... but decided the game would be too quiet because everyone would be thinking too hard to make five-letter words and the party would get awfully quiet.

St. Patrick's Day... we could have a St. Patty's Day party... everyone wearing something green, and bringing a food with something green in it.... I'm getting carried away here.... but that might be a good idea... and I've got the prettiest green beaded blouse I could wear. And I even have some invitations with green flowers on them.

And this is how a party gets started here.

Back to the real world....... our friend F is still in intensive care... and I'm going to visit her this afternoon. I spoke to her daughter yesterday... she told me that F's doctor says that F will come out of this and be just fine. I hope he's right, but I hope his definition of "just fine" matches up to F's definition of "just fine."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home