Sprinkles

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Friends and Neighbors

Our neighbor ML is back from New Orleans, so M isn't home alone anymore. The little Yorkie puppy is still running on high energy, but at least ML is there to take care of him now. ML gave us a huge loaf of French bread and a crispy flat-bread type of sweet that's called a "Shoe Sole" -- to thank us for looking after mama while she was away. They'll be at the Valentine party on Saturday and "mama" is already thinking about what to wear.

Our friend F is still in the ICU. I didn't go to the hospital today... her son and daughter-in-law are there, her daughter and son-in-law are flying in from Ohio and will be at the hospital in a little while. No sense in me getting in the middle of the family at the hospital. Visiting hours are just a half-hour long and F will have her children there. I doubt she can even stay awake for most of the half-hour.... she's just exhausted by all of this and I sit here wondering how much more her body can take.

Our friend J should be home from the downtown hospital by now. I'm sure he'll never pick up a prescription again without making sure the medication is correct and the dosage is what the doctor prescribed. He swears he'll be at our party on Saturday night. And he probably will... he loves Charades... and he'll be telling everyone at the party about the prescription mix-up.

As for our young friend S next door... we don't know if she has told her parents about all of the teenagers who were at their house while they were out of town last weekend. Now I'm beginning to think that we should've just told V & B about all the kids, rather than telling S to do the right thing and tell her parents on her own.
Teenagers.... that's a tough stage to go through. I don't know how parents do it.

We found out recently that our friends B & P have sold their house and will be moving to Dallas. They told us the same thing last year and it never happened, so when they told us the same thing this year, we didn't think much about it. But, surprise, surprise.... this time their house sold to the first people who saw it. I told B that he's breaking our hearts by moving to Dallas. Then I asked him if the people who are buying their house like to play Charades. I was only kidding, but that silly man gave me a serious answer. B & P will be at our party on Saturday. And unless we have another party before the end of June, this will be the last Charades party for them.

Our friends A & D are going to San Antonio for the weekend.... so they won't be here for the party on Saturday. I told our friend J that they were going up there for a "golf weekend" and J said "What? Not enough golf here in Clear Lake?" (Not even the wrong medication can take away J's sense of humor.)

I've typed hundreds and hundreds of words in the last twenty-five minutes. I guess it must be that "Shoe Sole" pastry from New Orleans..... I'm not used to eating all of that sugar. Plus, I haven't been paying attention to what my husband is doing.... heaven only knows how many meatballs are left now.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Rambling Rose Cottage said...

I stumbled upon your blog. Very sweet stories. Thank you for sharing them.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Larrie said...

Thank you for your note, Gina... I'm glad you're enjoying reading what I've written...... Larrie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home