Sprinkles

Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Eve Afternoon

Very nice day today...... as warm as late Spring... some clouds, some sun. Lots of birds at the feeders, and of course, the squirrels. As I've said for years... they have to eat too.

Just when I thought I had all the Christmas decorations put away, I walked into the dining room last night and saw the three gold bells. They belonged to our friend and neighbor H... she and her husband M lived across the street from us. When they moved a couple of years ago, H had a huge yard sale, and I bought those three Christmas bells. They look as if they were made in the 1950s, and of course, I can't resist much from that decade. Down came the gold bells last night, into the storage closet they went. I guess the holiday is officially over now.

I spent part of this afternoon cutting off some of the palm fronds from the sago palm tree in the backyard. The snow and freezing temperature we had on Christmas Eve turned much of my flower garden to mulch, so I cleaned up part of that as well. We have a lawn service, but I don't know just when they'll be back here. They usually take a couple of weeks off around holiday time. I could've waited till they come back, but I couldn't stand to look out of my kitchen window and seeing all of those dead plants out there. Plus, AngelBoy has been sitting on top of those wilted leaves and when he comes back in, I have to peel off dark green wilted leaves from his silvery fluffy fur. Needless to say, he's never too happy when I try and groom him. He likes to do it himself. Although he does love to be brushed... he will sit there for an hour if I'm brushing him and talking to him. But once I stop talking to him, he thinks brushing-time is over and he walks off. Makes me wonder which he really likes best-- the brushing or the talking.

Dinner out tonight. I already know what I'm going to wear... after trying on three or four outfits this afternoon. It's been a lazy day, except for the gardening that I did. Came in after that and took a hot bubble bath... then tried on clothes for tonight... then exercised a bit and walked Gracie. All set now to just get ready for the night. I finished the book "The Last Noel," by Michael Malone... great holiday story, but it has a sad ending.

Another New Year's Eve.... (Which is a line from one of Barry Manilow's songs.) Dick Clark won't be presiding over New Year's Eve up in NY... he's still recovering from a slight stroke that he had, so Regis Philbin is taking over for him this year. I'm sure Regis will be just fine, but New Year's Eve without Dick Clark is like New Year's Eve without Guy Lombardo. Just not the same.

Happy New Year to all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home