Sprinkles

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Saturday Stuff

Another cold snap is on its way here. Our nearly 80-degree temperatures will be dropping down towards 45 before the weekend is over. Oh goodie...

But I shouldn't complain. As I type, a blizzard is going on up in the northeast. I keep telling my family and friends up there that they're living in the wrong zip code, but they insist on staying up there. Right now, they already have about two feet of snow.

Last night, my husband and I went to an un-birthday dinner for our friend and neighbor C. Last year, when she turned 70, her family surprised her with a party at one of the local restaurants. This year, the dinner wasn't a surprise, but she insisted it wasn't a birthday dinner, just a "plain dinner." C says she's tired of celebrating birthdays... she has had enough of them and now is just going to stop counting the years and just enjoy them.

The cats are already getting cabin fever, and it isn't even very cold out yet. Rusty and AngelBoy have been enjoying the sunny days in the backyard this week. Just now, Rusty was meowing in the way he does before he pounces on AngelBoy. I've gotten up from my desk three times since I started to type, just to walk into the hallway to tell Rusty not to lay a paw on AngelBoy. Poor AngelBoy... he's no match for Rusty... he just lays there with his big blue eyes staring helplessly when Rusty tries to pin him down. Rusty doesn't really hurt him, he just holds him down to the carpeting. Guess it's Rusty's way of saying he's King of the Jungle for the moment.

Went up to A's today... we were talking about party themes... and maybe the Halloween parties should have a theme to encourage people to dress up in costumes. Like a 50s theme, or a 60's theme, or Mardi Gras... just something to narrow the possibilities and make it easier for everyone to get into the spirit of a costume party. My husband found a web-site with all sorts of party ideas... so we have lots of time to plan for Halloween.

Next party here is for Valentine's Day. I've got mostly all of the decorations out... except for those that I put on the front door... and I still have to make a centerpiece for the dining room table. And the big heart-shaped helium balloons, which I'll get filled up the day before the party.

January is slowly coming to a close. And before the month is over, I'll be having a birthday myself. But unlike my neighbor C, I'm still counting the numbers. Maybe when I get to 70, I'll start having un-birthdays and stop counting numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home