Sprinkles

Monday, January 24, 2005

Freezing Cold Monday Morning

The cats woke me up early... it was too cold last night to let them sleep on the porch. I just turned on the TV for the news/weather-- only 34 degrees out there right now. Unbelievable. But on the bright side, the temperature will be back up near 80 by Tuesday. Now that's more like it. Honestly... 34 degrees.... the fairy buttercups are going to freeze.

I made a centerpiece yesterday for the dining room table, for our Valentine's party. It looks so cute that I'm just going to leave it all decorated and use it every year. I had a white-tinsel Christmas tree that I bought from a friend who sells Avon. The little tree is only about 14" high, and I have it raised up about 6" higher than that because I stood it on a candle-dish that has a pedestal base.

All around the white tinsel branches of the little tree, I wound a garland of pink and purple hearts. The little hearts are made of shiny foil, and they sparkle really nicely as they peek out from the branches. The garland is stiff enough so it curls into any shape, and I cut two pieces and formed them into heart-shapes to attach near the top of the tree. Near the center of that, I took a bright pink blown-glass Christmas ornament (heart-shaped) and tied that right near the top of the tree, inbetween the two hearts shaped from the garland.

Then on the tips of each of the branches, I used a hot-glue gun to attach small hearts made of shiny silver satin. With all the garland and the little silver hearts, the whole tree looks more like a topiary than a Christmas tree, and that was my idea in the first place. So of course, now I'm thinking that I could probably make one of these little trees with an Easter theme. I'll have to see if they have that curl-y type of garland with little Easter eggs or bunnies on it.

One thing leads to another.... how about a little tree for the 4th of July? Halloween... Thanksgiving... Maybe I should see if the girl who sells Avon can order me a few more of these trees. (I wonder if I can order another storage closet?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home