Sprinkles

Saturday, December 25, 2004

We Weren't Dreaming of a White Christmas

Tell me what's wrong with this picture.... my palm tree has snow all over it. All of the flowers in the garden are covered in soft white snow. Even my pink flamingos in the backyard look as if they're wearing white coats.

When I went out to feed the birds just now, I scooped up a handful of snow and made a snowball. Soft, soft snow...... it made a nice snowball. I left it in the yard for AngelBoy. He's out there right now, trying to get from one end of the yard to the other without stepping on the snow. Not much grass there that isn't covered with snow, so he'll be a while unless he decides to step his prissy little feet into the snow.

It doesn't feel as cold as it did yesterday, and the snow is dripping off of the roof and slowly melting. Never thought I'd wake up to a 'white Christmas' here in Clear Lake, but that's what we've got. I haven't taken The Chronicle in from out front, but I'll bet that the southeast Texas snow is on the front page.

I'm sure all the Texas-born kids who've never seen snow will wake up and think this half-inch of snow is truly magical. Which in a way, it is, considering where we live. And it will probably stay nice and clean, unlike city-snow which gets blackened so quickly by city-soot.

Jingle Bells........ Last night, after my husband and I opened our gifts, he surprised me with a big gift....... a trip to Disneyland....... California, here we come......... We have to pick out a date.... He wrapped up a Disneyland guide and printed out tickets on his computer. It was a great surprise... we both started to cry a little. What a great surprise!

Christmas morning. Snow outside. Warm and toasty inside. Time to get going here and get everything ready for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home