Sprinkles

Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve Snowflakes

No sooner had I printed out that last entry, and our phone rang. It was our friend A, who lives three streets up from ours. She told me to look out the window.... which I did.... and what did I see? Teeny, tiny snowflakes..... lots of them....

I went to the breakfast room and looked out into the backyard, and the snowflakes are falling back there as well, and I could see the neighbor behind us out in her yard also. Actually, because of the high fence at the far end of our property, all I could see was the top of the long pole that she uses to clean out her pool. While the snow was falling, she was out there cleaning leaves out of her swimming pool.

Our friend A said that a lot of her neighbors were outside their houses up there... watching the snowflakes. I'm sure that most of them, if they're Texas-born, have never seen snow before. I'm tempted to say "You call this snow?" What's falling here is just miniscule flakes which are melting before they hit the ground. Hardly a blizzard.

But snowflakes they are. And they're falling in Clear Lake. My, my....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home