Sprinkles

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tuesday Night

Considering that I've been up and awake since 5:30, it's been a long day. But a good one. Today's lunch with the three secretaries from my husband's department went just fine. They all seemed surprised that I fussed so much, but I could see that they were pleased with all the extra touches. Table linens and good china, the placecards, the favors, and the great food from the Greek Cafe. We had the tree lights turned on, and I had Christmas bells chiming on the front porch.

The dining room looked beautiful and my table centerpiece looked adorable.... the little tree made from the tangerine-sized oranges, plus I used green leaves and tiny red berries from the nandina bushes outside.... I tucked those inbetween the oranges and used a sprig of berries as a tree-topper. Pretty enough for Martha Stewart to say "It's a good thing."

I told my husband that if we don't do a Christmas lunch for the secretaries next year, they'll be disappointed. And this is how 'traditions' begin.... one little memory at a time.

Good news from Frankie... she called this afternoon to tell me that her son was on his way to the hospital to drive her home. She will spend the rest of the week in her house, resting up and getting ready to come here for Christmas day. Needless to say, we're all thrilled about that. We didn't want to bring Christmas dinner to her in the hospital, but we would have.

The weather was strange today. Started out sunny... turned cloudy with rain-showers. Then it warmed up and was sunny again... then it rained and got even warmer, with a little humidity thrown in for good measure. It's supposed to get cold again before the week is over. Frigid cold.

I can only hope the weatherman was reading the wrong script. All the azaelas are in bloom, the impatiens and begonias are growing and glorious. One good freeze and they will all look like cooked spinach. Definitely not "a good thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home