Sprinkles

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Frigid Thursday Night

Much too cold here.... so cold that I just can't get warm after going out to walk Gracie. She wasn't too thrilled with the walk either...... if I had a little sweater for this dog, I would've put it on her tonight.

My husband and I did a few errands this afternoon, then went to Babbo Bruno's for lunch. While we were there, we made our reservations for New Year's Eve. We came home and I thought I had everything taken care of. Not so.... I'll need to run to the store tomorrow for three things that I forgot to buy when I did the grocery shopping on Monday. I hate having to go there for just a few things... hopefully, I'll be able to get in and out quickly.

Tomorrow will be last-minute things... while my husband is making the oyster stuffing, I'll go through the house dusting and cleaning, then a final vacuuming on Christmas morning and I'll be all set to get the dining room table ready. And get myself ready. I haven't decided on what to wear yet. It's going to be cold, so nothing sleeveless for this Christmas day. And I still have to polish my nails..... I'll do that tomorrow after I clean.

We're all disappointed that our friend F won't be able to be with us for Christmas Day. My husband and I may take a ride to her house the day after Christmas, if she's up for a visit. I'll bring her some plates of food, and her gifts, and we'll have a mini-Christmas with her. This will be the first Christmas with our young friend C, and her parents. C was all excited about coming to our Christmas party with her school friends, and she's all excited about being with us on Christmas Day. There will be 8 of us for dinner on Christmas. And probably enough food to feed 30.

We should all count our blessings. Every day. Every blessed day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home