Sprinkles

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Happy Festivus

Ah, the power of Seinfeld. Their made-up holiday, Festivus, has begun to take on a life of its own. Probably more so now than when the show was still going (before re-runs). There was an article about Festivus in yesterday's Chronicle... lots of Seinfeld fans have their own Festivus celebrations, complete with the aluminum pole and the 'airing of grievances.'

I told my husband that we should celebrate Festivus also, but the idea of an aluminum pole (in lieu of a Christmas tree) just doesn't sit right with me. I would have to decorate it, and of course, that's not keeping with the spirit of Festivus. So we may just 'celebrate' Festivus by going out for lunch. My husband wanted to go out to see a movie also, but I've got too much to do here before Christmas Day to sit still for a movie.

I'm up early because of the cats. Rusty, in particular. It's too cold to let them sleep on the screen-porch, so this is the second time this morning that Rusty has woken me up so he can get to the porch to use the litter box out there. He will not use the boxes in the house. So I was up at 3:30, and now I'm up since 5:30. Rusty and AngelBoy are out on the porch, hopefully using the litter boxes and realizing that it's too cold to be out there for too much longer than the time it takes me to type out a few paragraphs here. And I'm typing quickly.

As Rusty started to pound on the door to be let out just now, I was in the middle of a dream about finding two stray cats. In the dream, there was a car leaving our street after a moving truck packed the contents of the owners house. The two cats were sitting on top of the car, I guess looking to get into the car and be taken to their new home. But the owners (people I didn't recognize) put the cats on my front lawn and drove away. So there I was, with a brownish cat that looked like my AngelBoy and an orange-striped cat that looked like my Rusty.

In the dream, I was trying to explain to my husband how I ended up with two more cats. Jeez.... just the thought... I'm busy enough with three cats. I couldn't possibly think of two more, or even one more. The other day, when the secretaries were here for lunch, one of them told me that she had 20 cats. I couldn't begin to imagine that. I wonder if her cats let her sleep through the night........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home