Sprinkles

Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve.... More Snowflakes

Well... never thought I'd see the day.... I went out into the driveway to put the trash out after dinner and saw that my husband's car (red) was covered with white (snow). I came back into the house and told him that he'd better go look at his car. He wanted to know what happened to it. I told him to go out and have a look-see. Which he did.... and he came back in to get his camera so he could get a picture of it.

My neighbor across the street called over to ask us if we'd seen "all the snow" on top of my husband's car. "Sure did," said I. (The neighbor is from Louisiana and hadn't seen much snow.) The snow isn't sticking to the sidewalks or the street, but it sure has made a nice design on that red car. All my impatiens and begonias and azaelas (all of which are in bloom) are dusted with snowflakes now. As long as the temperature doesn't drop down below freezing, I think they'll be okay. Some of our neighbors have covered their flowerbeds with bedsheets. You won't catch me doing that..... besides the fact that it looks so tacky, it's just too cold for me to be out there doing such a thing.

My husband and I had dinner and opened up our gifts..... we both gave each other a bunch of great books....... and Polar Express items.... I got scented candles and soaps, and herbal teas... he got a framed photo of Gracie, and a mug with Gracie's picture on it. My husband found a stuffed cat that looks like the twin of AngelBoy, my blue-eyed Burmese cat. Sitting side by side, you'd just barely see the difference between the two. I put the stuffed cat on the floor by AngelBoy, but he wasn't the least impressed.

I bought my husband a hot chocolate cup and saucer imprinted with the logo from The Polar Express. The set is made in the style of vintage railroad china...... it was so nice that I bought one for myself as well, so we both have one. We loved that movie, and I loved the hot chocolate scene. These cups are really too big for hot chocolate, but they'll make great soup bowls. And I nearly bought The Polar Express Game when I saw it in the Hallmark store. I carried it around, trying to make up my mind whether or not to buy it........ then I put it back. I thought my husband would think it was silly. I guess he wouldn't have.... because he bought the game for me.

Time to make hot chocolate and see what's inside the box holding The Polar Express Game. Jingle Bells to one and all......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home