Sprinkles

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Boxing Day

I don't know why the British call this "Boxing Day," but it's the day after Christmas and Boxing Day sounds a bit more festive than the day after Christmas.

My husband and I went to see our friend F today...... we brought her all sorts of food from yesterday's dinner, plus her Christmas gifts, which she opened while we were there. She also opened her 'gift cracker' and when she got to the goodies inside the cracker, she took out the paper crown and put it on. Just the perfect accessory if you're dressed in a nightgown, robe and slippers, and wrapped up in a warm afghan.

It has warmed up some since yesterday....... every last flake of snow has melted away and now the Christmas Eve snowfall in Clear Lake is just a memory. Today's Houston Chronicle had pictures of snowmen standing in yards all over Harris and Galveston counties... tiny ones starting at 8" tall, to larger ones measuring three feet from bottom to top. And there's a great photo of three snowmen sitting on the sandy beach in Galveston... a sight we'll not be seeing again anytime soon, I'm sure.

All day long today, my husband and I have been talking about yesterday's Christmas dinner. Except for the fact that our friend F couldn't join us, we all had such a perfectly delightful day and night. Having our little friend C here was just the added magical touch. I have to remind myself that she's not exactly a little girl anymore. She will be 14 next year...... so hard to believe, considering that I've known her since she was in the second grade.

I have to call my sister.... ask her what she got for Christmas... tell her about ours...... So much to tell.... a two-hour phone call, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home