Sprinkles

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Big Tree

The big Christmas tree in the living room was the last tree to go up in this house, and it's the first tree to be taken down. It took us just about the entire day....... first the ornaments, then the lights, then dismanteling the tree stand, then trimming the width of the tree so we could get it out of the front door.

And out it went..... it's now sitting on the curb. AngelBoy keeps looking for the tree... he was drinking the water from the stand and I guess he also misses taking a nap underneath the tree. (Makes me wonder who drank more tree-water.... AngelBoy or that tree.) Tomorrow after the trash truck comes, it will be just a memory. All the little table-top trees are still up in all the rooms. I was too tired after the big tree to tackle the little ones. I can do them one or two at a time during the rest of the week. By New Year's Day, there won't be a sign of Christmas in this house. Although there usually is something left, because I always seem to forget one holiday decoration, then find it just when I think I'm all done with Christmas.

The weather was very warm today.... warm and humid and drippy, and we had a little rain shower this afternoon. I guess the weatherman was right when he said that we'd be in the mid-80s by the end of the week.

Nothing much happening today. I had a bunch of errands to do, which didn't get done, because all I did was take down and pack away Christmas decorations. Tomorrow is another day. All I want to do now is curl up with a book and relax for the rest of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home