Sprinkles

Saturday, July 22, 2017

It ain't easy being green....

And what on earth happened to find its way into the commode of one of the second floor bathrooms this week?  A nice green frog. Not an itty-bitty frog, but a nice fat green frog who hung on to the side of that commode for dear life when I tried to flush him down the plumbing. I'm sorry, but that was my knee-jerk reaction when I saw him in there.... my hand went to the lever and I fully intended to send him to a watery grave.

The frog, however, had other ideas. His four legs spread out as far as they could go and he just clung to the sides as if he had Crazy Glue on his little frog feet. When the water stopped swirling, the frog tucked his legs back underneath his fat green body and seemed perfectly content. I called my husband and told him there was a frog in the bathroom.
"Are you kidding me?" said he.  As if I would make up such a story at six-thirty in the morning?!

My husband captured the frog in a plastic container and I brought it downstairs and released him in the grass by the porch. He hopped away without so much as a look back. So then of course we were left wondering how the frog got up there in the first place... all the way to the second floor.... finding his way to the commode in what we call 'the green bathroom,' simply because nearly all the accessories in there are green.

"Who knows how long he was in there," said my husband. "At least he chose the correct bathroom.... he would have stood out like a sore thumb in the pink bathroom!"

When our handyman showed up today, I asked him about that frog in the commode because he worked for a plumbing company not long ago. His answer was not one that I wanted to hear:  "A frog! Well, count y'all's blessings it wasn't a snake!  I been called to houses out in the country that had copperheads come up through the plumbing and land in the commode, scaring the bejesus out of the people!"

Good grief. There is now a flashlight on my night-table. From now on, I do not intend to be walking from the bedroom to the bathroom in the dark, or take it for granted that the only thing in the commodes of this house is water. My husband is under strict instructions to keep all toilet lids closed so if anything does find its way into a commode, one would hope that it would make some noise trying to get out.

My husband says I am over-reacting. He is so wrong. If I were to over-react, there would already be a For Sale sign by our mailbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home