Sprinkles

Friday, May 26, 2017

Free books....

I went shopping for books today, looking at the bookshop in town and at the thrift stores. I plan to buy gently read books for the Book Club.... books that look new, without names or markings.

The bookshop in town is moving to a larger store on the corner of their street, so everything in there is buy two/get one free.... great deal, plus I have a big book-credit and plan to use all of that for the Book Club books.

At the smallest thrift store in town, they offered me as many books as I wanted, for free.  Totally free, not even adding tax. The lady there said they get so many books that they can't shelve them all, so they would be happy to contribute books to the Book Club students. Totally overwhelming.... and I found about 20 books in there today. I told her I would be stopping by every week.

I plan to have a huge stash of books for the students by the end of the summer. Easier for me to find them now, rather than having to search the shops during the school year and possibly not find good titles for the kids. I already have a good mix of novels and non-fiction, along with some books on wildlife and sea-life.

Free books for 'my' kids.... so nice of them. Such a great surprise. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home