Sprinkles

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Book Club

I have spoken to the principal of a local elementary school, and will meet with her next week to outline my plan.  She has approved my idea to host an after-school book club for students from the 4th, 5th, and 6th grades of her school. I already have the theme and title for the club, but won't post it here till we get closer to the starting date, which will be at the beginning of the Fall term.

Being that the school's budget is not exactly over-flowing with funds for after-school events, I assured the principal that I will cover any and all costs. I have spent the morning making bookmarks for fifty students, and my summer plan is to search bookshops and thrift stores for gently-read books appropriate for those grades.

I may have to start a separate blog for the book club.... we'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home