Sprinkles

Friday, May 19, 2017

School Daze

I was sitting in the principal's office of a local elementary school before nine o'clock this morning, explaining the plans for my after-school book club for book lovers in grades 4, 5, and 6. The principal loved all of my ideas, and even wrote down a few of the book titles I had chosen for the students.

We decided on Thursday afternoons for the book club, and rather than giving me a classroom to use for the meetings, the principal suggested I use the school library. Perfect!  All of this begins in September, which gives the students a couple of weeks after the start of school to settle in and settle down after their summer break.

The principal especially liked my idea of teaching the kids how to keep a book journal, so I will be searching for brightly-colored notebooks when the school supplies go on sale in mid-summer. From now till September, I will be searching for appropriate books for the students. I brought in a sampling of the books I have already collected for the kids, and the principal was pleased with the selection.

This is going to be so great... I can hardly wait for September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home