Sprinkles

Friday, January 31, 2014

Brownie Brittle

My cousin F sent me a birthday package last week, and I waited till "the day" to open up the gifts. One of them was a new product called "Brownie Brittle."  I'd never heard of it, but looked it up on the Internet, and there it was, ready for ordering and shipping.

The package of brittle didn't ship quite well.... the chocolate squares were bits and pieces by the time they got from NY to TX, but that didn't detract from the great chocolate taste.  I got to thinking that the Brownie Brittle couldn't be that hard to bake, so that's what I did this afternoon.

I took my usual recipe for brownies (I add vanilla yogurt instead of oil to cut down on calories), and I used a nut grinder to get the pecans into teeny-tiny pieces.  After all the ingredients were thoroughly mixed, instead of using the standard square brownie pan, I spread the brownie mixture into a big cookie pan (the kind with the ridges going around all four sides).

The brownies cooked in their usual way, just at a slightly higher temperature and for a bit less time. Then I cut them into two-inch squares, put them on those wire baking racks on top of another cookie pan and put them back into the oven for ten minutes.... so they baked twice, like you would do with biscotti.  And the results..... Brownie Brittle.  Crunchy and crispy... my husband loves them, and I don't think this first pan of chocolate brownie brittle will be the last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home