Sprinkles

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Minnie Pause and The Hot Flashes

I drove into town with JD last night to JS's church, for a Christmas show featuring "Minnie Pause and The Hot Flashes."   This group consisted of four talented women with colorful wigs and costumes, blinged-out to the max in rhinestones and sparkles, singing and dancing to classic rock songs that they re-worded to fit their act.

We all laughed as soon as they came on stage, with their mile-high wigs in pink, yellow and blue. Their outfits matched their wig colors, and their personalities sort of matched the colors they were wearing.  With an audience filled with women, their humor and songs were spot-on with menopausal madness.  I looked at their web site this morning, and it showed pictures of the performers without their costumes and stage make-up....... I wouldn't have recognized them as the four women who were on that stage last night.

The church ladies had tables set up with countless home-made desserts for after the show.  Cakes and cupcakes and cookies, a chocolate fountain for dipping fruits and marshmallows.... enough sugar and chocolate on those tables to make you forget about those nasty things called calories.  I looked at all the choices before choosing the least calorie-busting dessert.  Everything just looked so good... and you could just tell that those desserts were all made from scratch.

Driving into town last night was a small adventure..... with not very many street lights after dark, all the streets and buildings in town look more or less the same.  JS told us to look for the brown building on the left side of one particular street...... JD and I were laughing because all the buildings on that street looked brown after dark.  The church wasn't that hard to find.... all we needed to do was look for the parking lot with all the cars in it, and the building that had all its lights on.  One thing about a small town..... after the stores close at dinner-time, the rest of the town goes to sleep till the following morning.  Very few restaurants are even open for dinner here..... unless you count the fast-food places, which I ignore at all times.

As I type, it's 5:30 in the morning, and my car is sitting out in the driveway.  That car has never been left out of the garage since I got it in 2005.  When I got home last night, I couldn't put the car into the garage because Mickey Kitty was in there for the night.  If I had opened the garage door, then Mickey would have gotten out, and I'd have been looking for a black cat in the black dark of night, which would have been an impossible task.  And leaving Mickey out at night is not an option.

Last night was lot of fun.... the show was laugh-out-loud funny.... complete with a dancing conga-line towards the end of the performance, led by one of the Hot Flash ladies.  As I looked at the Crayola-colorful wigs and outfits on Minnie Pause and her Hot Flashes, I couldn't help but think that for next year's Halloween party, one of my friends might show up here covered in rhinestones and flashing rings and a feather boa with matching wig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home