Sprinkles

Friday, October 20, 2006

Busy Friday.....

Back to a somewhat normal day here..... but still, I can feel a tightness in my ribs..... remnants of the flu still lingering, I guess.

I took care of lots of little errands today that had been piling up while I wasn't feeling good. Nice to get out on this gorgeous day and drive around to take care of everything. I found a "Scrabble" dictionary at the used book store, so now we'll be able to leave that up at the lake cottage for our Scrabble games there. I'm still winning more Scrabble games up at the cottage than here at home, for some reason which my husband and I can't figure out, but I'm not complaining.

On my way out of the subdivision this morning, I stopped at a yard sale and found a Halloween-tree centerpiece..... just $10.00 and it looks brand new. I usually wouldn't pay that much for a centerpiece at a yard sale, but just last week when I stopped in our local gift shop with young Miss C, they had Halloween trees priced at $59.00. So this $10.00 tree was even cheaper than waiting for the gift shop to have their 50%-off sale after Halloween. The tree is a spooky-looking thing, standing about three-feet high....... a black and purple tree growing out of a pumpkin base. It looks wonderful on the dining room table and will be lots of fun for the Halloween party next weekend. I had some tiny pumpkin ornaments, so I used them to dress up the branches of the tree...... I'm sure I'll find other Halloween ornaments in my travels, and this spooky tree will be part of the Halloween decorations from year to year.

Young Miss C was here this afternoon after school today......... I had taken out one of our old photo albums, looking for a picture of Rusty when he was younger, and C started looking at all the pictures in the album. She was positively enthralled with each and every picture....... I had to tell her who the people were, where the picture was taken, and give her the "story" behind each photo. It took us an hour just to go through that one album, and when she saw that I had half a dozen more albums, she made me promise to go through all the other ones with her, one at at time, every time she comes over here. What a kid, I swear....... it was just very touching.

Tomorrow is the "Homecoming" dance at the high school, and Miss C will be getting all dressed up in her party dress tomorrow afternoon. I promised her that I would drive over to her house before she leaves for the dance, so I can see her all dolled up. And tomorrow morning, C asked if she could come to the yard sales with me, so I'll be picking her up bright and early for that.

We went to Babbo Bruno's for dinner tonight..... we hadn't been there since before I got sick, which was about four weeks ago now. Our friend K wasn't working tonight, and we miss her when she's not there. She is such a sweet girl, and such a superb waitress, that we feel something is missing when she isn't there, no matter how good the food is.

Anyway....... today was one of those days when I was wishing for more hours, so I guess my system is just about back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home