Sprinkles

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Easy Rider...

That's what I'm going to be saying from now on.... "Go easy, rider.... take it easy."

My husband picked up his motorcycle yesterday. He had gotten his motorcycle license about six months ago, but didn't run out and buy a new bike. He kept looking for a good used one, and after months of searching, one found him. Someone where he works was selling a very good used one, and that's the one he bought.

Another co-worker rode it home for him, because my husband didn't want to take it right out into traffic after not having been on a motorcycle since the day he got his license. The co-worker is a "seasoned rider," as he calls himself, and he pronounced the bike to be a fine machine. "It's a classic," he said..... "a fine classic bike that rides perfectly."

Since yesterday afternoon, my husband has been riding the motorcycle all over the subdivision. Young Miss C's dad came over last night to have a look (and also to drive it). S used to have his own motorcycle, but C's mom made him sell it years ago. Of course, now that my husband has gone out and bought a bike, S is getting the itch to have his own motorcycle again. Both my husband and I have predicted that S will buy a bike for himself within the next six months or so.

Before my husband bought this bike, I told him that I wouldn't be riding on the back of it. I have ridden on the back of a motorcycle.... years ago.... and I don't want to do it again. If I wanted to be riding a motorcycle, then I'd go to the community college and take the course that teaches you how to drive one. I'd rather be the driver of a motorcycle than a passenger. But I can't see that happening either. I'm perfectly happy in my little car.... and a lot safer, in my humble opinion.

Hopefully, my husband will follow all the rules of the motorcycle safety course that he took.... and, also hopefully, everyone else on the road will be driving just as carefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home