Sprinkles

Friday, August 11, 2006

Again?????

I just don't understand why on this blessed earth some people take joy in destruction. Killing people you don't know, for no reason. (As if there could be a viable reason to kill people you do know?)

Ten planes headed for the United States. Not one or two or four, but ten. Such a statement of hatred. The diligence of the authorities over in London are to be commended. It makes me wonder if such diligence and awareness is being carried out within our own country.

As soon as I heard that news yesterday, I told my husband that my sister would be calling me last night to discuss the latest airline problems. My sister rarely gets on a plane. I could count the number of her plane flights on one hand. She just hates to fly, hates to give up control to a pilot and his machine. And to give up control to the possibility of terrorists with a personal death-wish? Well, that's just not going to happen, as far as my sister is concerned.

Sure enough, right after dinner-time last night, our phone rang and it was my sister.... telling me the latest headlines from CNN and asking me if I would be getting on a plane anytime soon. "You can't bring a lipstick with you on the plane! And not even a cell phone or a camera!"

My husband has two conferences coming up before the end of this year.... one in Hawaii, and one in Philadelphia. I had planned on flying with him to Hawaii (who wouldn't) but I wasn't going to go to Philadelphia. I had hesitations about Hawaii, simply because of the long after-midnight flight over the Pacific Ocean. But then I thought that if I didn't go to Hawaii with his this time, there might not be another chance.

Plane reservations can always be cancelled. I will wait to make the decision whether or not to cancel my ticket to Hawaii, and see what happens with this latest threat of terrorism.

I don't know what it's going to take to stop all of this. Close all of our borders and not let anyone else in? Tell all the people here who originally came from terrorism-prone countries that they have to go home? I have a feeling that this kind of terror will just never stop. It may lie dormant for a while, but sooner or later, some power-crazed group will want to make yet another statement.

Give unto us all a blessed break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home