Sprinkles

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Another Truck?

If I don't stop going to yard sales here, we will need to rent another truck to get all of this stuff up to Mayberry Cottage. But that's the fun of this...... I had planned to furnish the cottage for very little money-- taking extra things from the house here, and finding the rest at yard sales, estate sales, resale shops and consignment stores.

Yesterday's treasure was the carved black walnut game table. My husband says it looks like it came off of a pirate ship, so we're calling it the "pirate's table." Wonderful find, that was.

Today's yard sales were just as good...... I came home with yet another wicker chair, this one with a matching wicker ottoman. Also found a wrought-iron plant stand, which I will use to hold towels in the guest bathroom. Another sale had a maple two-tier table that I can put on the screen-porch for the cats.... only cost a few dollars and I know they'll want something high on the porch so they can get a better view of the lake and all the birds and ducks there.

Another great find today was a sturdy wood rocking chair, for just fifteen dollars. It's painted a very pale, pale yellow, perfect for either the screen-porch, or one of the outside porches. Or it may also look cute in a corner of the kitchen.... that kitchen is so big up there that extra chairs in the corners around the table would look just fine.

Chair cushions... brand new cushions at yet another sale... cushions for either indoor or outdoor chairs, for just two dollars each. I know we'll be getting more outside furniture (at future yard sales) so I bought four cushions. Two dollars for each one is even cheaper than seven dollars each at Wal-Mart, so those were a bargain as well.

As I said....... if this keeps up, we'll be needing another truck, and my husband really doesn't want to do that. We will get these things up to the cottage a little at a time, each weekend we go up there. And I can always ask young Miss C's dad or mom to bring up the larger chairs for us.... they both drive trucks. I got them home from the yard sales by sticking them into the trunk of the car and just keeping the trunk open, but we can't drive up to the lake that way. All in good time....... it will all get up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home