Sprinkles

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Home Sweet Cottage.......

We had the closing today on the lake cottage..... we met the sellers, and if they weren't moving out of the area, I'm sure we'd be inviting them to join our Charades group. We could tell that they'll be missing that little house. After the closing, we all went back to the cottage and they walked us through the house and told us everything we needed to know about every blessed thing on the property. Lots of good information for us, and we were happy they wanted to take the time.

We also met some of the neighbors on the street..... one who lives there all year round, and another "weekender." Both were very friendly, and happy to meet "the new people."

We'll have to get the utilities straightened out when we go up to the cottage again. I thought we could just transfer the accounts over the phone..... I called from the cottage, and I spoke to the utility companies, and so did the seller. No way to transfer anything over the phone.... has to be done in person. And there wasn't time to take care of that before the offices closed this afternoon at five o'clock. When we get up there with our truck full of stuff, we'll have to take care of the water and the electricity and the gas. A little glitch, but an easy one to take care of.

So peaceful up there....... and breezes were blowing in from the lake....... the owners told us that the depth of the water by our bulkhead is 14 feet, and when you get towards the center of the cove, it's about 21 feet deep. Which is good for me to know--- no way for me to jump in there and be able to touch bottom, that's for sure. (As if I'd be putting my head under the water anyway.)

Waterfront....... lakefront....... can't believe that we now own that wonderful piece of property. Miss C and her mom are now in Florida, and while we were driving home from the lake, my cell phone rang and it was C....... their plane had just landed and she was calling to ask "Is the closing all over now? Is it ours? Is the cottage really ours?" She was so excited when I told her that everything went just fine and I had the keys to the cottage (and her cabin) in my purse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home