Sprinkles

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

So Many Books....

While I was doing the grocery shopping in Kroger this afternoon, I saw a woman wearing white capris and a white tee-shirt. On the front of the tee shirt were the following words: "So many books.... so little time." Underneath that was an imprinted picture of a pile of books.

Her tee-shirt made me smile, because I've often thought the very same thing--- that there's just not enough hours in a day, in a year, in a life-time, to read all the books I want to read. I spoke to the woman, and told her how much I liked her shirt, and she said only true book-lovers understand the words on her shirt.

She asked me what I was reading now. My response: "I've just started The Piano Tuner, by Daniel Mason." ---- She replied: "Oh honey, I've read that one.... you're going to love that story and you'll want to read it again."

Which is another thing that only true book-lovers understand--- that the same book can be read from cover to cover more than once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home