Sprinkles

Saturday, February 04, 2006

New Cell Phone

Finally got an up-dated cell phone yesterday. I've been meaning to do that for months now, but never thought of it when I was driving in Nassau Bay, which is where the cell phone store is. Instead of having a phone that looks like a little brick, the new one is half the size and half the weight. Cute little thing that flips open, and it has better reception than my old one did.

The young man in the store wanted to sell me a phone with lots of bells and whistles--- eMail, text messaging, photos, videos. Are you kidding? I can barely remember how to program the VCR/DVD player, much less send eMail through a tiny phone with even tinier buttons. Just a simple, basic phone is all I wanted, and that's what I got.

The instruction booklet is as thick as a bible. I've been reading though it since last night, trying to figure out the phone. This morning, our young 14-yr-old girls C and L rode over on their bicycles to have breakfast with us, and C showed me how to use the phone in less than a minute. Maybe instead of giving out instruction booklets, the phone store should have 14-yr-olds there to show people how to use their new phones.

I figured out how to use the address book in the cell phone, but by the time I remember how to retrieve the numbers I put in there, I may as well just punch in the numbers manually.

This cell phone story was much funnier the first time I typed it, but I hit the wrong key and deleted that first draft instead of saving it. The second draft is never as good as the first. Maybe I need another 14-yr-old to give me some computer lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home