Sprinkles

Monday, January 30, 2006

It's Been a Barry Good Month...

Well, imagine my surprise when I read the latest issue of the "BarryGRAM," which is the publication of the Barry Manilow International Fan Club. (And of course I'm a member.) There's an on-going section of the magazine which is titled "Ask Barry." Questions sent in are answered by none other than Barry himself, and I've sent in three questions along the years.

Well, hush my puppies.... this time, my question was answered by Barry (!!!!!!!!!) and of course I'm going to print it all out here:

"Hello Barry.... My question for you is this--- now that you're on the "upside of 50," has there been any one particular "lesson" you've learned along the way that has made a great life-changing impact on you? Thank you for so many years of beautiful music... Larrie

Hi Larrie.... For me, it comes down to my grandfather's advice. "Be Nice." The older I get, the more I understand that. All best, Barry."


Now honestly, can another January in my life get any better? Dancing with Barry from our stage seats at the Las Vegas Hilton, then having him read and answer my question in the "BarryGRAM."

The great part about Barry's answer..... his grandfather's "Be Nice" advice is the very same phrase that both of my grandmothers, my dad, and my Aunt Dolly have said to all of us zillions of times over the years: "Be nice. It costs nothing to be nice. Just be nice."

I told that to my husband and he said "Well, maybe you and Barry are related somehow." In that case, I'm packing my suitcase so we can go see my brother's show at The Hilton again. My cousin's show?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home