Sprinkles

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Pre-Birthday Breakfast

Our two young 14-yr old girls thought they were surprising us for breakfast this morning, but I surprised them instead. They've been riding their bikes over here every Saturday morning, unless it's raining. No rain predicted for today, so I knew they'd be here. And they were--- bright and early at 7:30.

Being that my birthday is tomorrow, I decided to make a little extra fuss for breakfast today. I set the dining room table last night with pretty china and teacups, placecards and a birthday centerpiece. I made the strawberry champagne "cocktails" yesterday, and set one of those at each place setting just before we all sat down.

When the girls rode their bikes up our driveway and knocked on the backdoor this morning, they asked if they could "go do something real quick." So off they went into our bedroom, and they shut the door. They walked in that room in jeans and sneakers, and walked out with their pajamas on. C had told me last week that it would be fun if we all had breakfast in our pajamas one Saturday, so they brought the p-js with them this time--- p-js consisting of flannel pants and sweatshirts, which is what they wear. I made believe I was surprised, but I surprised them as well because I got up early this morning and I was dressed by the time they got here, instead of being in my p-js and robe when they knocked on the door.

So it was surprising all around..... they thought they were surprising me with their pajamas, and I surprised them with an over-the-top fancy breakfast in the dining room, instead of our usual, more casual scrambled eggs in the breakfast room.

Those strawberry cocktails always look so pretty on the table. C has had them before, because I made those for Christmas dinner, but L hadn't ever seen them so it was really a treat for her. I'm glad I made extra, because each of the girls had two of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home