Sprinkles

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

We went out to dinner last night, to celebrate my birthday with our young friend C and her mom. (C's dad is still in Vegas, working at the new job and, in our opinion, not liking it all that much but sticking it out.)

Babbo Bruno's was very busy last night.... it had been a long while since we'd been there on a Saturday night, and there was very much a party-atmosphere the whole time we were there. We all shared an appetizer before our salads and dinner, then we ordered two desserts and shared those as well. It was plain to see that young C didn't want the evening to end, and she kept the conversation going whenever she thought the rest of us were ready to call it a night.

Today, my husband and I ordered the new dishwasher. It will take two weeks to get here, being that I ordered an ivory one, rather than the bright-white or the stainless steel. Two weeks ago, when my husband asked me what kind of dishwasher I'd get if I were ordering it myself, I told him I would drive to Best Buy and ask them for the top-of-the-line G.E. model.

Last week, when my husband went shopping around and looking at all the dishwashers on the market, he showed me a list of the top three, and the G. E. wasn't on the list. We looked at the other brands today--- Whirlpool, Kenmore and Bosch...... I wasn't impresssed with any of them. On some, the doors were too heavy. On others, there was poor placement of the silverware baskets and wasted space on the top rack. We looked at the two-drawer, state-of-the-art dishwasher for $1500 and I thought that one was the most unimpressive of them all. The ones my husband picked out looked great, but had either too-heavy doors or too-small or poorly-placed silverware baskets.

Back to Best Buy we went. I ordered the top-of-the-line G. E. dishwasher..... best use of the interior space, best placement for the silverware baskets, best push-buttons on the outside, easy to open, lots of room on easy-to-slide racks, simple to operate. Then we went to Cafe Express for lunch, then to the Italian Gelato shop for dessert.

Gorgeous day today..... sunny and warm and it felt like a summer's day. Perfect day for a cool gelato. I remember back to some of my birthdays up in NY when the weather was freezing and snowing and downright uncivilized. Today's weather was perfect for celebrating a birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home