Sprinkles

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Rain, Rain.... Go Away....

It's been raining for most of the day here.... I'm sure the plants and flowers are thrilled. The temperature dropped a little bit with the rain, so it was a "soup day" for us. I made crawfish bisque for dinner. That and a fresh loaf of bread from the bread machine was enough to warm the day. But a touch of sun would've been nice....

C called me this morning to tell me about last night's dance. She said this was "more of a real dance" than the 8th grade dance of last year. She said they played "really old oldies music, like the Twist, the Bunny Hop, and the Cha Cha Cha." Fourteen years old.... I guess if you're 14, that type of music really is in the "really old oldies" category. She had a good time, along with her group of friends... they all danced and tried to sing along with the music and stayed till the dance ended at midnight.

My husband and I went to the movies recently, to see "Glory Road." Wonderful film about a basketball team. So exciting, from beginning to end, and the way it was filmed made you believe you were right there in the middle of it all. The film also made me sad, and made me wonder how this country would've been different if we hadn't dedicated ourselves to concentrate on the differences among us, such as race and ethnic background. Who knows what might have been accomplished in past decades, if we had truly all been equal. "Created equal." Such a sad little phrase that didn't mean much when it was written, and really doesn't mean all that much more now. We're still concentrating on the differences among us, rather than focusing on the fact that we're all really pretty much the same.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We're all just plain old human beings, sharing this one planet. And unless we all just sit down and play nice, we're going to run down this planet flat-out into eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home