Sprinkles

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Score One for Mickey Kitty

I had to take my table-top Victorian Christmas tree out of our bedroom this morning..... after I discovered that Mickey Kitty had a fine time undecorating that sweet little tree. He pulled out some of the pink roses, he removed a few of the little Victorian dolls and left them on my pillow, and he even managed to unravel some of the pearl garland.

Okay, okay..... I caved. It wasn't the first time he touched that tree..... and I knew it was tempting. I figured the only way to keep him away from that tree was to get the tree away from him. And being that he's spending so much time in our bedroom suite to keep him out of the cold porch and away from the big tree in the living room, I just had to move the tree out of his reach. (Or keep re-decorating it.)

So into my sitting room it went, and I fixed all the ornaments and pearl garland and pink roses..... it looks as good as new. But you know how it goes..... move one thing and then a dozen other things have to be moved. The Victorian tree is on top of my book cabinet in my sitting room, which meant that I had to move the lamp that was in its place. That lamp went on my dresser in the bedroom....... the lamp that was there went on the table near my side of the bed..... and the lamp that was there went on the round table where the Victorian tree was. All of that lamp-changing to get the tallest lamp on the round table where the tree was.

I did all the rearranging while Mickey Kitty was out on the screen porch, watching me through the windows, meowing every few minutes to let me know that his little kitty-body was cold on the porch. Stupid cold snaps....... I've had just about enough of them now. Too cold to leave the cats on the porch except for the hours between noon and three, when it warms up a bit in the mid-day sun.

Needless to say, I haven't been getting enough sleep, what with three cats in our bedroom at night. I keep a flashlight on the table near my bed so when one of them wakes me up in the middle of the night, I won't be stepping on one of the other ones.

I've read that having pets lowers your blood pressure. Remind me of that theory later on tonight at 4:30 in the morning when Mickey Kitty chases AngelBoy from one side of our bedroom to the other, and AngelBoy jumps up on my vanity to get away from him and topples over a few perfume bottles.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home