Sprinkles

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Birthday Dinner

We went to Babbo Bruno's last night, to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. We asked our friends K & B and J & S to join us, and the six of us had a wonderful night. We were in the restaurant for over four hours, just talking and laughing and taking our time with dinner and dessert. It's amazing to me that when you have the right combination of people sitting around a dinner table, the time just disappears in a heartbeat.

My husband commented that the "synergy" at the table was amazingly vibrant throughout the evening. Our friends J and K, as well as my husband, have brilliant minds that can examine and explore every iota of scientific data, but all three have down-to-earth senses of humor that can make you throw your head back and laugh out loud.

My husband was telling J about the Serenity goddess statue that I gave him. J is also well-read in everything Buddha, and he gave us the Tibetan name for the goddess after we described her to him. I don't know how to spell the name, nor can I remember how to pronounce it, but I told my husband that I'd like J to come over and see the goddess and write down her Tibetan name for me.

Our friend K from Babbo Bruno's stopped in the other night to see our tree, since she had to work at the restaurant on the night of our Christmas party. She is indeed a sweet girl, and we've come to know her quite well over the past couple of years. K's mom has joined our Charades group, and both of them have come to the tea parties I've given. K left this morning for a ten-day trip to California to visit her brother, and she won't be back home till just a few days before Christmas. K goes to college during the day and works at the restaurant at night, and I'm sure she'll be moving on to bigger and better things once she graduates. But for now, she makes all of our dinners very special when we go to Babbo Bruno's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home