Sprinkles

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve

I woke up at six o'clock this morning to the pitter-patter of pots and pans.... my husband had gotten out of bed an hour earlier and he was making his famous Greek-style stuffing. Feta cheese, gyro meat, pistachio nuts, spinach, along with the other usual stuffing-stuff-- bread cubes, onion, celery and garlic, and whatever other magic things he mixes in to make it all taste so good.

After he finished cooking, I cleaned up the kitchen. That's our deal--- if he cooks, I'll clean up. Which I don't mind...... I'd rather clean up than cook these days.

However, I did make a new recipe for dessert tomorrow--- "champagne" cocktails. They're really clear gelatin mixed with white grape juice and club soda...... you pour half of the mixture into champagne glasses, add one large strawberry to each glass, then put the glasses in the fridge, along with the other half of the gelatin/juice mixture. After a couple of hours, you blend the reserved half of the gelatin/juice mixture till it gets frothy and foamy, then pour it on top of the mixture that's already in the champagne glasses. What you end up with is a "champagne" cocktail which has a delicious strawberry floating in its midst. Looks wonderful....... and I made an extra one for us to taste after dinner. Not only does it look great, but it tastes great.

Tomorrow will be a long day. Company will be coming at 2:00....... and the day will fly by in a heartbeat, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas to all..... and to all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home