Sprinkles

Monday, August 08, 2005

Still Stepping....

I think the highest number of steps counted (so far) on my pedometer was yesterday's total of 17,283..... I would love to give my Aunt Dolly one of these little counters-- she's another one who is constantly on the go. Which is a great thing to be able to say about someone who's 93 years old.

I was thinking about a question that 14-yr-old C has asked me from time to time. Come to think of it, she's asked me the same question every year since I met her when she was just 7 years old. Her question: "Why do women wear make-up?"

My answers to her have changed a little bit over the years.... I've told her that some women just like the look of make-up, some like to experiment with different styles and colors of cosmetics, some women never get the urge to use it and some won't go out of the house without it.

I think, however, I finally found a really good answer for C's question: "Young women want to wear make-up because they think it makes them look older, and older women wear make-up because they think it makes them look younger."

So far, my little teenaged C hasn't had the urge to try cosmetics, other than simple fruit-flavored lip glosses. She was talking yesterday about how cool it would be to find a chocolate-flavored gloss. Cool indeed..... I'll have to see if I can find that for her and surprise her with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home