Sprinkles

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Step This Way...

I'm still walking around all day long with the little pedometer attached to the waist-line of my capris or shorts. The numbers of steps are just astounding:

18,871 steps (8.91 miles) for yesterday (Wednesday).

14,752 steps (6.92 miles) for Tuesday.

14,279 steps for Monday.

13,257 steps for Sunday.

I clip the pedometer on when I get up in the morning, and it stays on me till I get into bed at night. I would imagine that if I did all of those steps at one time, the benefit to my body would be greater. But it's been at or over 100 degrees lately.... Gracie doesn't want to walk around the park in this heat, and honestly, neither do I.

I had been thinking about getting a treadmill for the house. My husband wanted to know where we'd put it. (Details... details...) He said there really wasn't room for a large treadmill, unless we took some furniture out of the TV room, which I really don't want to do. And I don't want a huge piece of exercise equipment in the bedroom.

Guess I'll forget about the treadmill..... and start thinking about a pool again. Plenty of room for that out in the backyard. (I wonder if this pedometer works underwater.....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home