Sprinkles

Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Sleep-Over is Over

Both girls are now back in their own homes.... with a shopping bag filled with the goodies that they "purchased with pennies" at our Midnight Shopping Boutique in my living room. They also have a bag of books from our local bookstore, where we went this morning after having breakfast at IHOP (International House of Pancakes.).

I gave the girls a choice of having breakfast here or eating out, and when L told me and C that she had never been to an IHOP before, that made the decision to go out very easy. So off we went, and both L and C read every single item on the menu before giving their requests to the waitress.

We truly had a wonderful time last night.... the girls had a blast with the dress-up tea party. They loved the ("really truly way cool!") boutique I set up for them, and it was just so enjoyable for me to watch them having such a good time..... beaded shawls around their shoulders, rhinestone slippers on their feet, and pearl tiaras on their heads as they walked around here last night.

L and C are such good friends.... I can see now that I'll be inviting L to join us more often when we spend time with C. Being an only child, C gets a lot of attention from her parents, as well as from my husband and myself. In contrast, L has a twin brother, plus a three-year-old sister, so she's sharing parental time and attention with her siblings. I think she truly enjoys being one of the "stars" when she spends time here with us and C.

While the three of us were in the bookstore this morning, I was walking around the store looking up and down the aisles while L and C were in the "young adult" section. I think the bookshop must have just put Christmas gift items on display because those shelves were very neat and fully stocked. I found holiday gifts for both L and C, plus for my friend A's two nieces and nephew. I managed to pay for those items and get them into the car without L and C noticing what I was buying, and right now the gifts are in my Christmas closet waiting to be wrapped.

And as we all know.... it's the middle of August, and Christmas will be here in a heartbeat.

So life this evening is back to "normal" here.... laundry in the washer.... a super-quiet house..... and my husband comes home from his out-of-town trip tomorrow afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home